1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James - Inclusion Essay - Please help!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by clairewinks, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Dear James,
    I have just started my training and really struggling to get stuck into an essay I should be writing. I haven't written a structured essay for about 8 years and feel I am really battling with even the basics. I'm stuck at how to even open the essay and also where to put the information I have where.
    My essay is based around the top 5 elements of inclusion that my settling feel are the most important and I was hoping to construct an interview with the head as well as a questionaire for the teaching staff but again not sure how to go about either.
    I feel I have hit a wall and starting to panic a bit, please help, any useful tips or reccomendations will be greatly recieved,
    Many Thanks

2. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

Is this purely an essay or more of a research project?
    Introduction - some of the general issues of inclusion, then focus in on the 5 you are looking at (or have found to be repeated responses).
    Then discuss each issue in turn, possibly drawing in how other issues impact on them and how they interlink. Look at their relative importance (and if you can, get a crafty few sentences that you can link to a variety of standards).
    Then just finish off with a conclusion - Why are these priorities? How are these issues being dealt with? Is there an effective solution?

3. Its a bit of both really - research and essay writing.
    I think they are just testing our abilities at the moment and I think I have over done the research and reading a bit - have too much information really - need to keep myself focused and precise I think.
    Thank you so much for your help though - it's crazy how quickly you can forget structure and how easy it is to get side tracked from what you're trying to focus on.