1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James - How do I find out how long I have left on my supply limit?

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by dominant_tonic, Sep 14, 2011.

1. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Hi James
    I know this wounds really dull that I don;t know, but who do I contact to find out how long I have left on my supply limit - it shoutldn't have started ticking yet I don't think as I have not done supply - been teaching abroad. I am now looking for an induction post, nightmare, so want to do supply.
    I qualified in Cardiff and live in a different sounty in Wales. Who do I need to ontact to check I can still work legally on supply?
    Thanks

2. dominant_tonic

Hi James
    I know this wounds really dull that I don;t know, but who do I contact to find out how long I have left on my supply limit - it shoutldn't have started ticking yet I don't think as I have not done supply - been teaching abroad. I am now looking for an induction post, nightmare, so want to do supply.
    I qualified in Cardiff and live in a different sounty in Wales. Who do I need to ontact to check I can still work legally on supply?
    Thanks

3. Hi
    The regulations for NQTs in wales are different from those in England. In essence you have 5 years that you can work on supply in Wales, not 16 months (as in England).
    You need to contact the General Teaching Council for Wales (GTCW) to discuss the regulations in force for you and how they are applied.
    The website is: http://www.gtcw.org.uk/ (choose English or Welsh language)
    The contact page is: http://www.gtcw.org.uk/gtcw/index.php/en/component/content/article/77-information/111-contact-us
    James

4. dominant_tonic

This I did not know!!!!!!! You are amazing, thank you. One day I am going to start a plain English for NQTs campaign.
    Thank you once more
    Dom_ton