1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James -HELP

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by emmarugby, Apr 19, 2011.

1. This may seem like a silly question but I'm new to this applying! I'm currently applying for PE teacher positions, in the application there is a section requesting '

details of special
    qualifications on the basis of which qualified status is claimed, including
    Membership of Professional Institutions gained by examination<font face="Times New Roman">.' Would this include previous NGB coaching qualifications??</font>

2. Ok I think this means if you hold a qualification that enables you to say coach a team or a qualification in first aid or if you gained admission to something like the society of biology or royal society of chemistry (there may be other organisations in the humanities - but I'm a scientist) which give you post-nominal letters (e.g. I have FSB and CSciTeach -standing for Fellow of the Society of Biology and Chartered Science Teacher) which you can use after your name then declare them in that section. So NGB (basketball??) qualifications would count.
    James

3. Thats great thank you so much, my applications really now show my capability in the different sports I have experience in. Thanks