1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James, help with interview questions

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Magic_faraway_tree, Jun 21, 2011.

1. I am finishing my NQT year, where I was lucky to get 8 months out of a sick leave.
    I have an interview for a 1 year English post on Friday (found out today!!) and I want to know what to answer if i'm asked;
    'Give an example of a lesson where you used ICT'
    From other friends having interviews before I know that this and 'a lesson you are proud of' is likely to come up. My lesson i am proud of is IWB based so i wouldnt want to repeat too much about interactive whiteboard. what else are they looking to hear?
    Thanks,
    Miss E

2. I am finishing my NQT year, where I was lucky to get 8 months out of a sick leave.
    I have an interview for a 1 year English post on Friday (found out today!!) and I want to know what to answer if i'm asked;
    'Give an example of a lesson where you used ICT'
    From other friends having interviews before I know that this and 'a lesson you are proud of' is likely to come up. My lesson i am proud of is IWB based so i wouldnt want to repeat too much about interactive whiteboard. what else are they looking to hear?
    Thanks,
    Miss E

3. For interview questions you are best to ask Theo over on Jobseekers, mind you, he won't give you an answer to an actual interview question (as anyone on this forum could see it and happen to be in your interview and give the exact same answer) but he will def. be able to provide you with some pointers/general interview tips!
    There are some clickable in the first thread in the jobseekers forum, have a look at those - certainly know I wouldn't have secured my current job without the advice there!
    P.S. Congrats on your interview and best of luck! [​IMG]

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Who can answer this but you?
    Think of another lesson which doesn't involve the IWB - surely you're proud of more than one?

5. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Use of ICT can include cameras, flips, video/sound clips, microphones etc so dig deep and think of a time you have used these tools effectively! In a subject like English surely a reasonably resourced school would have included some or all of these things?

6. As said, only you know what you have done. But I would concentrate on examples where ICT has enhanced teaching and learning rather than showing off any tricks you can do with ICT.
    So perhaps the use of an IWB with pupils moving words, letters or pictures - in other words more about the children than you.
    James