1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Dear James - help please!!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by MrsK2806, Sep 5, 2011.

  1. I am due to start my PGCE secondary English at Marjons next Wednesday. My offer is conditional on a 2:1 degree, fit to teach, crb and gcse Maths. I have met all of the conditions except Maths which I am still waiting for. I undertook my Maths equivalency exam two weeks ago today at the university of Plymouth and am still waiting for my results. I'm phoning them daily and they can't help other than to tell me they have no news, they are waiting for the marker to get back to them. Marjon have said they will hold my place until I get my result but as I'm sure you can imagine they're now rather impatient. Is there anything I can do? I'm so desperate to start and with a week and a half to go I think it's all about to crumble around my ears. Kate.
  2. Hi
    Clearly Marjons are doing what they can to help here. As you will know you must get the maths as a pass to start your PGCE, it is a legal requirement. When you next call Plymouth (tomorrow I would suggest) do emphasise that the result is needed in order for you to register at Marjons and until you have this your place and registration cannot be confirmed. You could also try to contact the admissions team at Marjons to see if the English tutor can help in any way.

Share This Page