1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James - GTC and ISCtip for NQT induction

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by abi.hodgson, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Hello

I finished my QTS training in teh summer and have been supply teaching and looking for a longer term post since. My question has arisen because I have been offered a one year 0.6 hour post at a local independent special school. I would like to take it and use the time to complete some of my NQT training (not all within the year as it is a part time post) however I was wondering if I could complete some of the NQT induction with the ISCtip and then complete it at a mainstream GTC school? It would be a shame if I couldn't start my induction because I wouldn't be able to finish it with teh same body.

Please help.

Thanks

2. Hello

I finished my QTS training in teh summer and have been supply teaching and looking for a longer term post since. My question has arisen because I have been offered a one year 0.6 hour post at a local independent special school. I would like to take it and use the time to complete some of my NQT training (not all within the year as it is a part time post) however I was wondering if I could complete some of the NQT induction with the ISCtip and then complete it at a mainstream GTC school? It would be a shame if I couldn't start my induction because I wouldn't be able to finish it with teh same body.

Please help.

Thanks