1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James, First Placement Nerves

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by James_Williams, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Even if your colleagues appear confident underneath they will also be nervous. It is perfectly normal. In your school you should have a mentor who can help and support you and you will be able to get some ideas from them as well as other staff. When you observe otherteachers have a notebook and jot down good teaching ideas and specifically look for how teachers introduce learning objectives and how they link themm to activities.
    Try not to panic, it won't be as bad as you think!
    James

2. Thank you for this advice. The placement went really well and I actually enjoyed it! I think you are right, everyone experiences the same pre placement nerves. In fact I'm about the start my next placement and feel the same all over again, questioning my confidence and feeling a bit shaky. Really helps to know it went ok last time and hopefully will do this time too!
    Thanks again.