1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James, doing third term of induction in another schoo/LEA

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by James_Williams, Feb 5, 2012.

1. People move schoopls during induction for many reasons. Often there is an assumption that any teacher canb teach in any school. That is not the case. I believe thatfinding the school that suiots you is very important. Leaving a school can be explained in a number of ways e.g. it could be down to personal reaosns travel, location tec. It could also be down to not fitting in with the team/ethos of the school and deciding that you prefer a different approach from the leadership. If you doleave - have an exit strategywhere you negotiate a reference on leaving. Often being up front and honest that the school and you do not fiut each each other will be understood and it does not have to mean the end of your career.
    James

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

The copies of your Induction term paperwork will not be divulged when references are taken up but you may be asked about your Induction to date at interview and will certainly have to show your Induction paperwork if taken on.
    When your current school complete end of term Induction paperwork, they will make their verdict and tick/comment on areas of wekaness. You also sign the paperwork and you have the opportunity to make comments yourself. I suggest that you include comments such as "I have only been observed with my most challenging classes and the areas of weakness identified are not applicable with my other groups." You may also wish to comment on any knowledge you have that your challenging groups are problematic throughout the school, perhaps through having observed other teachers who have them.