Hi I have been judged as unsatisfactory and "unlikely" to meet the Core Standards in my new school. I had an observation by the Head during the first 4 weeks of term and was noted as having serious problems e.g. behaviour management and my various teaching strategies. Since then I have been observed each week by a member of the SMT, (each one unsatisfactory) and being made to jump through a number of hoops, far more than in my PGCE it seems. The LEA was called into school after the Head notified them of my lack of progress and a rep has been in twice to observe me. Both she and the Head have warned that they cannot see me meeting the Standards. They gave me a veiled request to leave the school and I have to tell them of my decision by half term. If I resigned, I am happy to stick it out till Christmas. I like the children and the school, I know however it is not the right context for me, particularly since most staff now seem to be of the mindset I am a "failing" NQT. Today, I had a pretty bad half termly review to say the least. If I am an unsatisfactory teacher I do not, of course, want to hold the children I teach back in any way, nor do I want to stop them making the progress that the Head clearly feels they are not getting from me. I feel that, while disappointing, it may be the right decision for me and for them. My question is, how easy is it to begin my NQT year again in another school, taking these lessons away from me .... or even to have a term as a TA, taking stock and gaining new lessons? I am not enjoying this state of affairs, I do not want to let the school or children down, I feel I cannot go on with this pressure on my shoulders. There are mornings I do not want to go in, I am barely sleeping each night and I am unable to keep most meals down as I am so anxious. I want to try and get as much out of my NQT year as I can and feel I did not make the right beginning. My union has been informed but I remain unclear about what happens if I were to transfer. Knowing that I want to leave at Christmas, and that I am unlikely to be meeting the Standards, can I refuse the first term's assessment in December? What would it mean if I were to take an "Unsatisfactory" from this school forward into another school context, would I still be able to start my NQT year again? Can you help me with any procedures? Many thanks.