1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear James....(and others)

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by darren50, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Hi James (and others)
    I am an ICT NQT and have completed 1 term of my NQT year. I have been offered an ICT position in a different school teaching ICT 3 days the first week and 2 days the next on a fortnightly timetable. The other days will be general cover as required.
    I will see my year 11's five times a fortnight, and my other classes twice a fortnight. In all I think I will have 12 ICT lesson over the two weeks. Although my specilist subject is ICT I am also keen to help the SEN department and also branch into Business Studies.
    Would this kind of timetable allow me to contribute towards my induction perioid? If so, by how much as I am unsure about doing it part-time.
    I look forward to all replies.
    Darren

2. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Yes, as you'd be doing 5 days in 10 it would take twice as long to complete. So 4 terms to complete rather than 2 unless your cover counts? But I doubt it unless youre employed in this time as a 'floating' teacher rather than cover supervisor. x

3. Hi
    Yes it looks like the equivalent of a 0.5 teaching post so your two terms left will take you 4 terms in total. To be certain do contact the LA NQT adviser and they will provide you with a definitive answer as they are the awarding body for induction.
    James