1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Dear James...and any others who can help!

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by welshwizard, Jun 13, 2011.

  1. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    As long as you are clear of university commitments then you can work as a teacher at the end of the summer term. It is normally paid on the unqualified rate until QTS is gained.
  2. Thank you both very much - do either of you know if I need a supply certificate if it is a school that I have taught in before? They already have a CRB for me.
  3. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    I don't know what you mean by a supply certificate? Schools will check for CRB clearance and sometimes they ask for a letter from uni confirming you have completed all assignments and your course is finished
  4. My friend is doing supply and she said she had to apply for a certificate from the County Council. Unfortunately, she is on holiday at the moment so I can't ask her!
  5. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    Sounds like some local arrangement you could try contacting the schools HR section of your Council for further info?
  6. I've looked on the council website but no joy. I will wait till I see my University tutor next week. I just didn't want to let my school down. Thanks very much for your help!
  7. I think you have the answer here - the supply certificate may well be the local authority regioster of approved supply foir their schools and this should be a formality.

Share This Page