1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Headteachers- please help!

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by jemmavause, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Hello all

I have just been offered a GTP place and I am so happy! teaching is in my blood.
    Unfortunately it is on the condition that I find an alternative school to host me as my original school employs my mum.

Can you please advise me on the best way to approach headteachers to support me? If anyone has any Leeds based contacts I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Jemma

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

3. Thanks for your help Nomad but that just tells you about training providers. I already have a training place, just need a supporting school.

Jem x

4. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

I picked up an outstanding GTP student simply by opening my mail one day. He'd written to me by name (not 'dear headteacher'), as he had to other heads in the area asking if we could take him on. he didn't even have a GTP place, I might add - but I called him in for a coffee and a chat, which turned into an interview and signed him up on the spot.
    He's still in the school, now in a position of senior middle management responsibility. Best day's work I did that year.
    Give it a try!

5. Thanks for your advice. I have written a list of all my local schools and the name of their heads and also a positive point from their ofsted to help me tailor letters specifically to each school.

Fingers crossed!

6. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Good luck!
    Will you come back and let us know when you're successful?

7. I will! Thanks for your support.
    Jemma