1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Dear Graham'

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by GeneMiller, Feb 1, 2011.

1. I am a Sociology 2:1 BA hons student and graduated over 11 years ago. Since that time I have worked with Key stage 4 students excluded from education, been a Childrens' Rights advocate, worked as a 14-16 manager at an FE college and I am now developing Foundation Learning for Norfolk. This contract ends in November and I will be looking for a career change and would like to go into teaching, however I understand that Sociology is not in demand and I was hoping that you could give me advice on what to do next.

2. I am a Sociology 2:1 BA hons student and graduated over 11 years ago. Since that time I have worked with Key stage 4 students excluded from education, been a Childrens' Rights advocate, worked as a 14-16 manager at an FE college and I am now developing Foundation Learning for Norfolk. This contract ends in November and I will be looking for a career change and would like to go into teaching, however I understand that Sociology is not in demand and I was hoping that you could give me advice on what to do next.

3. I think if you want Graham to answer your post - you have to post this message in 'Thinking of teaching' forum?