1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Graham - want to teach in FE - is a secondary PGCE the right way in?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by gemma03, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Dear Graham
    I have been an esol teacher for a few years but now I'm back in England and looking to join the mainstream education sector. I LOVE English grammar (yes I am a bit sad!) and would love to teach English at FE level. I got a bit of careers advice from my University and they suggested a secondary PGCE would be the best option, as it would qualify me to teach the 16-18 age group. but also give me some flexibility. So i've applied for a secondary English PGCE and have an inteview coming up. But I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.. I don't really have any desire at all to teach 11-16 year olds!

2. Dear Graham
    I have been an esol teacher for a few years but now I'm back in England and looking to join the mainstream education sector. I LOVE English grammar (yes I am a bit sad!) and would love to teach English at FE level. I got a bit of careers advice from my University and they suggested a secondary PGCE would be the best option, as it would qualify me to teach the 16-18 age group. but also give me some flexibility. So i've applied for a secondary English PGCE and have an inteview coming up. But I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing.. I don't really have any desire at all to teach 11-16 year olds!