1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Graham - Thinking of retraining - but as a mature NQT will I ever even get an interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by crysalis, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Looking at some posts on this time I have been concerned at someone posting about difficulties in being considered for jobs beyond 50. I am 53 and would be 55 when applying for my probationary job in science. I am looking at retraining when my youngest goes to University. Do you think I am naiive in considering this? I am fit. I've worked in industry and business and have a postgraduate degree already in Information Science. But will they look beyond my age?

2. Looking at some posts on this time I have been concerned at someone posting about difficulties in being considered for jobs beyond 50. I am 53 and would be 55 when applying for my probationary job in science. I am looking at retraining when my youngest goes to University. Do you think I am naiive in considering this? I am fit. I've worked in industry and business and have a postgraduate degree already in Information Science. But will they look beyond my age?