1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Graham - losing hope!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by dazzlingdiamonddust, Jan 27, 2011.

1. I am an unqualified teacher (for many years) who has finally finished my degree and looking to complete a GTP.
    The application form has gone in to a training agency that the school has used before for secondary citizenship - but now I, like many others, am in limbo as to what to do. The funding issue, curriculum review and other uncertainties are really worrying me.
    Realistically - will I qualify as a teacher or should I be looking for another career?
    Am happy to do whatever is needed to qualify - take extra courses, change subject if necessary (I am working in a SEN school so subject is not as important for me at the moment) but I have lost heart in the past couple of weeks that I will ever qualify.
    Thank you

2. Oh dear - it must be bad - even Graham hasn't replied!