1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Graham - GTP Salary grants

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by jemmavause, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Hello Graham
    I have been lucky enough to be offered a place on a GTP from September. I am really over the moon about this opportunity but concerned that the salary grant details have not been confirmed.
    Are GTP salary grants still going to be in place? When will the TDA be confirming arrangements?

Many thanks

Jemma

2. Hello Graham
    I have been lucky enough to be offered a place on a GTP from September. I am really over the moon about this opportunity but concerned that the salary grant details have not been confirmed.
    Are GTP salary grants still going to be in place? When will the TDA be confirming arrangements?

Many thanks

Jemma

3. First of all, congratulations on being offered a place on the GTP.
    The details of how much funding will be available for GTPs around the country has yet to be decided. The amounts allocated to employment based initial teacher training (EBITT) providers will depend on the finalised TDA budget, which is currently being assessed by the Department for Education (DfE). As soon as a decision has been reached, the details will be available on the following websites:
    www.tda.gov.uk
    www.education.gov.uk
    I appreciate that the degree of uncertainty involved is not ideal for you, however I can assure you that the TDA and the DfE are looking to confirm the funding details as quickly as possible so as to ensure that all successful applicants will be able to begin planning ahead.
    I wish you all the best with your initial teacher training, and with your future teaching career.
    Graham Holley

4. Graham

Thank you for your reply. I think it is fantastic that you support people at the beginning of their career with such detailed responses.

Jemma