1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DEAR GRAHAM-Apprehensive about getting in2 Geog Teaching but want 2b a SENDCO

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by KCoady, Jan 3, 2011.

1. KCoady

KCoady New commenter

Hi Graham,

I am currently working as a teaching assistant in a secondary school in London. I've been here for 2 years now. I love my job but I have always wanted to be a teacher. My degree subjects are Geography and Sociology so I would like to be a Geog teacher rather than Sociology. I have one years teaching experience in Ireland.

My issue is that I am very nervous about the prospect of becoming a Geography teacher (interview stage/year doing the PGCE). I feel my knowledge of Geography is not as good as it should be as I have been out of college now 4 years but I am also really interested in the Special Needs area and would like to become a SENDCO. I know I need to become a qualified teacher in order to become a SENDCO but I feel I will not be able for it. Teaching scares me, behaviour,paperwork etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kat

2. KCoady

KCoady New commenter

Hi Graham,

I am currently working as a teaching assistant in a secondary school in London. I've been here for 2 years now. I love my job but I have always wanted to be a teacher. My degree subjects are Geography and Sociology so I would like to be a Geog teacher rather than Sociology. I have one years teaching experience in Ireland.

My issue is that I am very nervous about the prospect of becoming a Geography teacher (interview stage/year doing the PGCE). I feel my knowledge of Geography is not as good as it should be as I have been out of college now 4 years but I am also really interested in the Special Needs area and would like to become a SENDCO. I know I need to become a qualified teacher in order to become a SENDCO but I feel I will not be able for it. Teaching scares me, behaviour,paperwork etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Kat