1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Everyone: Agencies?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by trueshellz, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Hello!
    Hope everyone is enjoying the awesome weather, it was funny at school- they allowed pupils to take off ties and not wear their blazers, I had to bite my tongue a few times not to tell them off.
    Anyway,
    I have found myself (again!) starting the new year jobless, my current job finishes in July as I was doing a maternity cover. As a NQT I have half a term left (grrr!).
    So, in the West Midlands, specifically Birmingham: which agency, in your lovely experiences, are the best for cover work and general professionalism etc?
    Thanks
    x

2. Can't help with agencies but I'm intrigued about your "half a term" left of your NQT.
    As I understand it, only a whole term can be signed off leaving you with one term left.
    Or is secondary different to primary?

3. My Induction Mentor keeps saying I have half a term left, granted she isnt the best for help. She messed up my Induction in general, maybe I have a term left? But there's something on the Induction reports that say Interim Assessment? Maybe that's it?

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Two points here.
    I am not an expert, in fact I know almost NOWT, about the induction year. So go to the NQT Forum and ask about this half term/one term thing.
    Secondly - please nobody answer this question:
    I'm afraid that it's against TES Terms and Conditions to name a specific agency - even to say that they are lovely!
    TrueShellz - I send you my very best wishes for getting the job to finish your induction. However long it is!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the
    Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive
    summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really
    appreciate.

<a name="6835716">[/URL]