1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Cookery posters...............

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by BelleDuJour, Feb 7, 2016.

1. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Dear Cookery posters,
    I'm sure most, if not all, of you know by now that my lovely daughter was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis last November. It has been quite the worst time ever for all of us, and we all face many challenges in the years to come and the rest of her life.
    So far, apart from a few tears and wobbles, she has been a trooper and is competing in Tough Mudder on May 1st to raise money for the MS Trust. She did TM last September, with undiagnosed MS, but this time it means so much more.
    If any of you would be so kind as to support her with a donation, however small, we would be so grateful.
    Here is a link to her 'Just Giving' page:
    https://www.justgiving.com/MuddyLeafus
    Thank you

Belle x

2. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Done

Although I'm a 'lurker' not a poster on this forum;)

BelleDuJour likes this.
  3. primarycat

primarycat Star commenter

Done and good luck to her for the event!

BelleDuJour likes this.
  4. BelleDuJour

Thank you both so much!
    Baby Belle and I appreciate the support she is getting. I take my hat off to her for doing TM.............I'd not do it and I don't have MS!

5. bizent

bizent Star commenter

Done! (I think)

Best of luck to her x

BelleDuJour likes this.
  6. BelleDuJour

Thanks Biz!

7. nick909

nick909 Star commenter

Wow - I'll donate. Very impressed; Tough Mudder is a serious challenge, with or without MS.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  8. BelleDuJour

Thank you nick. Yes, it is very tough and very muddy! Not at all pleasant.

9. BelleDuJour

My daughter has now raised £945! To think her original target was £100, then raised to £500 and then £1000 this is brilliant.
    I think she's going to have t revise her target again and we've another 11 weeks to go until TM day.
    I'm very proud of her.

10. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

I think (I hope) I've donated. Wish your daughter good luck from me, B. Xxx

11. BelleDuJour

Thank you EG!
    She's now blown her £1000 target and is still going. This is giving her such a lift!
    Thank you all from the bottom of my heart x

12. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Done. I wish her all the best. It looks so tough!

BelleDuJour likes this.
  13. BelleDuJour

Thank you BS...it's not called Tough Mudder for nothing! Looks hideous. Electric wires, submerged in ice, leaping from tall things, doused in mud..........yuk!!!

14. eggyspice

eggyspice Occasional commenter

I didn't know your daughter had MS till I read this today. I raise a cup to your strong outlook, and determination to do the very best you can.

In my own struggle with hard knocks in the medical sense, it is so difficult, and I speak of a teenager who survived cancer, and children too who have had to defy the odds.

Personally, I don't like the way social media adopts causes, because that is a guilt factor, but it does not stop me from sending all the best.

BelleDuJour likes this.
  15. lapinrose

lapinrose Star commenter

Done and best of luck

BelleDuJour likes this.
  16. BelleDuJour

Thank you Lapin, and than you eggy for your kind words.
    She has now broken the £1000 barrier and we shall see how much she gets by 1 May when she does TM.
    I am so proud of her.