1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Charlie, Can I still apply for a PGCE with Pending GCSE Science results?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by littlegetts, Sep 19, 2015.

1. littlegetts

littlegetts New commenter

I would like to apply for a Primary PGCE in October when UCAS Teacher Training opens. However I do not sit my GCSE Science exam until May 2016.

I have had mixed messages as to whether UCAS TT will let you apply. Has anyone been through this process and been offered a conditional place on the condition you obtain Science before you start training ? or had UCAS stop their application going forward?

Thanks

2. mandala1

mandala1 Occasional commenter

It is up to individual providers as to whether you need the qualifications in place prior to application and you may find more flexibility with school based than University based programmes. One of the reasons that providers prefer to have as few conditions as possible for their successful applicants is that it can complicate the numbers process. By the time the GCSE results come out, it is very late in the admissions process and hard to recruit to replace the person who has failed their GCSE.

3. littlegetts

littlegetts New commenter