1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Anyone - Letter of application space issues

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by minnieminx, Apr 20, 2011.

1. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Not if you want the job!

But you should be able to put some parts on the same line, possibly cutting it down to 4-5 lines. Then you can change all the line spacing for your and their address to something like 0.7, which also helps.

2. Minnie is prob the knowledge on this, but i have to admit if im stuck for space i play around with line spacing/ or font size. I dont do anything silly like drop to an 8 but changing from a 12 to an 11.5 font often helps me out and it doesn't seem to have cost me yet...

3. If you haven't already, stretch the margins on either side, and top and bottom too. That'll buy you a good bit of extra space.

4. Hi

I have never included my address or the school's address because of lack of space and I use the font size 10. I've been shortlisted for a job so maybe they are not too botherd about it. I know a lot of people who have also done this and they've managed to secure teaching positions.

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yeps narrow margins, slightly smaller font size and narrow line spacing all help out.

I'm definitely not an expert at all, but thank you for the compliment. I've probably applied for fewer posts in my 15 year career than many NQTs looking for their first post. I have been very lucky though.