1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Anybody: Resources for Interview Lesson

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lilybett, Jul 12, 2011.

1. The interview invitation says: 'If you have any (reasonable) resource requirements, please contact the school.'
    I need these things!:
    * Sugar paper x5
    * Marker pens/felt pens
    * Plastic money if possible
    And I want to know if the chn will have access to a mini-whiteboard each... And also whether there will be a laptop I can use - to access the IWB and to play a CD off... Or should I just take my own with me?
    Is this reasonable? Since I'm not currently employed at a school, I can't just borrow resources like the money. Should I just buy it? I'd be very sore if I didn't get the job...!

2. Oh God I've just realised I don't have any SmartBoard software on my laptop. Suuuuggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrr!

3. anon8315

anon8315 Established commenter

In your case, I would probably be inclined to take in my own plastic money but ask the school for the rest.
    I've always taken my own stuff though. I had a horrible experience as an NQT where none of the stuff I'd asked for was ready! I withdrew from that interview in fact but having to painfully push through an hour with disinterested kids with no mini whiteboards and my PowerPoint not working was not an experience I want to repeat!
    Funnily enough at a recent interview I was told (in a lovely friendly funny way!) by another candidate that he thought I was a shoo in because I walked in with my enormous box of whiteboards and highlighters. (I didn't get that one, he did and I was genuinely pleased because he was lovely!) x

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Don't panic, do one in Powerpoint they generally work on all systems, incl. Smartboards, Promethean boards etc.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Reasonable resource requirements. Hmm. . . . if it were me, I'd ask if access was available to the moneyand mini whiteboards but provide other resources myself and have a back-up plan if they weren't available.

6. I think it's funny they've had to put 'reasonable' in brackets. Maybe someone went bloody bananas one time and started asking for the world (or a set of whiteboard pens all with lids and in working order, imagine the insanity!). Thanks, girls, I'll call the secretary tomorrow. I wanted to not have to ask for anything but pfffft. And I had this whole palaver about whether or not they'd even received my application which culminated in the Head contacting me in person to confirm he'd received it - so if they're going to shortlist me after that....! What was really stupid was that I'd gone on, at length, about my ICT proficiencies in the personal statement ha ha and then could perform the simple task of emailing an application [​IMG]
    xxx

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I think it all looks reasonable. Nothing there we couldn't provide and we are not too well resourced,

Actually our plastic money is missing at the moment, but usually it is about. Don't buy any though, use the real thing!