1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear all, presentation

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ballerina, Mar 27, 2011.

1. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

I have a 30 min presentation on improving teaching and learning and would like to avoid the 'death by power point' style. I have made a leaflet of my ideas for them all that I will be talking from. What else could I do?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Give some kind of loose time-frame for potential changes? By Sept .. .will be in place, May . . . .draft document for . . . for consultation etc.

3. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

Thank you Lara

Is there any other way of giving a presentation without using power point?

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Yes of course. Just talk and give a few handouts to show your points. I did a presentation on the creative curriculum a couple of years ago and was praised for not doing a powerpoint and just speaking from the heart. We appointed last summer and gave the post to someone who did the same.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Flipchart with prepared graphs, charts etc, but that might be considered outmoded now?
    Just presenting as a talk with pre-prepared handouts? (Your leaflets)
    Really wacky suggestion- Using puppets. "Here is my assistant to tell you about. . . "(Might be too radical if you'reSecondary).
    I'm sure there are many ways, but you need to get over your personlity in it, so you're the best person to decide.

6. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

I though as much but didn't want to come accross as unprofessional. I've spoken to my head about this and she said do powerpoint. So do you think me talking about my ideas and views and then a leaflet /handouts is good enough?