1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dealing with last minute nerves!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by rhilindsay, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Hi everyone! Got my interview for EY position tomorrow, plus a 30 min lesson obs on any stiry! The nerves are alredy setting in!! Any tips on staying calm? Thanks

2. Just wishing you good luck!! Try to pretend you don't want the job, might help with the nerves!!

3. All the candidates will be nervous, and the interview panel/ observers should be aware of that. Some people imagine the interviewers sitting on the loo to to remind themselves that they are human! Might make you laugh in the middle of the interview though. Don't forget those nerves can work in your favour, making you a bit sharper.
    Good luck.

4. Hey,
    Good luck with your interview!
    What position is it for?
    What story did you decide on?

Amy

5. Its for a reception teacher, i have decided on the gruffalo.
    Plans are to start off outside on a hunt for the different characters in the story, childr
    en have to guess what the story is we are reading, from the characters they have found.
    im not sure whether gruffalo will be a predictable choice but i know children love this. I also know from having my university teaching practice at this school that the observer is very keen on getting children outdoors!
    thanks for all your wishes of support!!
    just hope i hold it together tomorrow x

6. Sounds like a lovely activity, I'm sure you will do fab.
    Just focus on the children throughout and it will calm your nerves, you can't go wrong.
    :D

7. thank you! i'll keep you posted on how i do x [​IMG]

8. Hi everyone, just an update to let you know I've got the job! Sooo excited!x

9. inky

inky Lead commenter

Well done you.[​IMG]
    Whether you know the school or not, I think taking the lesson outdoors was a brave choice. As they say, fortune favours the brave.

10. congratulations!

11. Well done!! Congratulations!!

12. Congratulations! Taking a risk is far braver than sticking with the norm ... and that may just be what the school needs. Good for you.