1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dead iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Personal' started by DollyD, May 10, 2011.

1. Help! Last night my iphone 4 switched itself off and now refuses to come back on again. The battery is nearly full. Has this happened to anyone else??!! I'm lost without it!! Is it fixable or have I managed to kill it somehow?!
    DD
    x

2. Throw it away and get a decent phone. One of life's lessons - it ain't what's on the outside that makes something worthwhile.

cyolba, as impressed with Apple as with David Cameron :)

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

It it under warranty? Take it to apple. x

4. bigfatgit

bigfatgit New commenter

Try throwing it against a wall.
    It won't fix it but it doesn't half get rid of the frustration :)

5. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

I've had two phones with a tendency to do this (not iphones, one a motorola and the other a samsung) I found that taking the battery out and then putting back in again always did the trick. I would agree with the poster who said take it back to Apple though.

6. I would take the battery out but the battery intergrated :/ if this had happened in previous phones that would be the first thing I did :/ grrrrrrrrrrrrr
    looks like back to Apple it is then

7. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Can you not reset from your PC? x

8. It happened to me once for about 12 hrs, I persisted with pushing all the buttons and charging/connecting to the mac at sporadic intervals over a few hrs and it just came back on again. Has been perfect since and that was about a yr ago.......

9. joli2

joli2 New commenter

Hold the top and side button down at the same time, for a good few seconds to re-set it.

10. Phone them and they will send you a new one - it's a common problem.

11. LoL