1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dea Theo - Unhappy with boarding (but looks good on CV)

Discussion in 'Independent' started by TheoGriff, Mar 4, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Unlike Florian, I have no experience of boarding. But I will say that you need to make your life a great deal more bearable.
    So finding ways to relax a bit more, whilst retaining responsibility, perhaps do your own thing within sight of them rather than being tied to amusing and entertaining the boarders.
    And most certainly talking to the Housemaster to get some advice.
    Many people actually find this a very rewarding experience. If it is not so for you, then you need some support.
    Ask the other Deputy house staff too - they may have got it all sorted, so no point in re-inventing the wheel.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Some really helpful points made there by TeaCupCake!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com