1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dea Theo: Applying for a job where I withdrew from an interview?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by KitMaff, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Hi Theo,
    I am currently working a maternity cover that was originally for 2 terms (Autumn and Spring). I started applying for jobs for Summer term and had interviews at 2. My Head asked me to stay on until 31.8.12 as I am teaching Yr 2 and she wants me to see them through their SATs. So I withdrew from the 2 interviews.
    Now a permanent job has come up at one of the schools. I very much liked the school, especially the Head.
    Q1. Will they even consider me after I withdrew from the interview (it was for a 1 term contract)?
    Q2. How do I approach the application as they will have alreadyseen my application tailored to them?
    I know there was a Q3 but I can't think of it right now!
    Thank you x

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It's good to know that I am not the only one like this!
    Q1 Why wouldn't they? After all, an interview is both of you deciding if Teacher = Job. If the fit is not right, then it makes sense to recognise that.
    Q2 Write your application as though you hadn't written the other one. It may be the same, it may be a bit different. As long as both of them are honestly you, that's no problem.
    Q3 No, don't bother to mention the previous application in your new application.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

3. Hahahaha! That WAS Q3. You are so very very good Theo Griff!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar at 2pm on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com