1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DCSF number

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by debhogan, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Hi there

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how I find out what my DCSF number is? I have my GTC registration number but can't seem to find any paperwork with the other number on it.

Many thanks

2. Hi there

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how I find out what my DCSF number is? I have my GTC registration number but can't seem to find any paperwork with the other number on it.

Many thanks

3. i had problems with that too. I filled in what ever I could and left that bit blank becuase your local LEA should have the details! I have had no paper work returned to me yet! :)

4. The DCSF andGTCE number are one and the same, prior to the GTC teachers were registered with the DCSF, once the |GTC came along they took over registration of teachers and once the GTCE goes it will revert to the Teaching Agency.The number is your registration number which is needed so that schools can check that you have QTS. It has also been known as the DFE number, DFEE number and TRN number.
    The Sage