1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DBS - which address?

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by tesforum2000, Mar 22, 2016.

1. tesforum2000

tesforum2000 New commenter

We live address A ( rental address) and we bought a house 3 years ago - address B. We still live address A as we are renovating address B ...which address shall i use on the DBS form - when I applied I gave employer address B as this is our purchased property, so I thought to process my DBS on address B. Now we spend some time at address A and some time address B...will DBS pick up that there are 2 addresses, will I have problems? Thank you.

2. nomad

nomad Star commenter

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Do as nomad suggests - there is no issue in itself about having two addresses, they'll probably just ask you which one you consider is your "main address" at the moment. Two practical points though, you need to produce proof of address when you apply (utility bills etc). Do you have those for both addresses? If not choose the address you have proof for. When DBS issue the Disclosure certificate they send it to you (not the school) at the address on your application, which one do you want them to send it to (are the premises you aren't living in secure or could post get stolen)?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    nomad and grumpydogwoman like this.