1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DBS for private supply

Discussion in 'Supply teaching' started by Katie777, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Katie777

Katie777 New commenter

Sorry if this is a silly question, I have not had much luck finding info on the DBS website!
    I currently have a DBS check carried out by my employing school in September 2014, it is not portable as far as I am aware. As I am planning to try and drum up supply privately I assume that I need to apply independently for a DBS. Do I just start from scratch and apply directly for a full check as a private individual? I have never done this independently so feel a little uncertain.

2. Yoda-

Yoda- Lead commenter

You can still do this through an agency. Then either use them later or ignore them. Just don't give them permission to contact schools on your behalf. Ensure you subscribe to the subscription update service going through the yougov website. You have a limited time to do this when it comes through. You need a windows device and a credit card.

Good luck.

PizzoCalabro likes this.
  3. pixiewixiepixie

pixiewixiepixie Occasional commenter

Why not type 'DBS check' into Google and pick an agency that can run a DBS check for you?

4. Katie777

Katie777 New commenter

Thanks. I didn't realise we couldn't arrange this for ourselves, that explains why I got nowhere with the website. I have a couple of agencies in my sights anyway so I will go that route.

5. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Yeah, once you've got the DBS done via an agency and you've signed up to the annual renewal you're all set. Doesn't matter where you go you'll have it updated each year. Job done.