1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DBS Expense

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Teachertraveller3, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Teachertraveller3

Teachertraveller3 New commenter

Hi all,
    My question is for full time primary school teachers at maintained schools. Did your school pay for the DBS check or did you have to pay for it out your own pocket?

2. carriecat10

carriecat10 Established commenter Community helper

I have never heard of anyone who has had to pay for their own if they have a contract with a school.

3. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

I've never heard of a state school that required its permanent staff to pay for their own DBS checks. Although there's probably an academy chain out there planning to do just that....

Schools aren't required to pay for the DBS, legally there'd be nothing to stop them making staff pay for their own.

4. Teachertraveller3

Thank you! I wasn’t sure what the deal was with this as the PGCE insisted trainees buy their own. :( You’ve helped me out here.

5. Melj16

Melj16 New commenter

I paid for my own during my PGCE but not for a teaching post.

6. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Never heard of a school which required any staff - teaching or non-teaching - to pay for their own DBS.

7. Teachertraveller3

8. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Established commenter

Students buy their own. Employees have theirs paid for.