1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DBS Enhanced help

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by fay_collins, Dec 18, 2018.

1. fay_collins

fay_collins New commenter

Hi everyone,

I've decided I'm unsure about continuing on my PGCE course due to personal struggles with the intensity of the course. However, I have looked into becoming a teaching assistant and potentially have a job. I think I need a new DBS certificate as I got one in September but apparently I need to get a recent one?? (I'm not sure.... bit confused by it all tbh)

Can anyone recommend the best place to arrange an Enhanced DBS check?

Thank you,
    Fay

2. Skeoch

Skeoch Star commenter

Your new employer will do it. You can't.

3. sunshineneeded

sunshineneeded Star commenter

Hi Fay, Skeoch is right - your DBS will be sorted by your employer. Are you quite sure you want to drop out of your PGCE? It may well be the right thing for you to do, but make sure you've talked to your tutor and uni counsellors first - they may be able to help. Good luck, whichever route you choose.

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

A new DBS is he least of the things you need to think about. When you get a job in a school, of any type, the school applies for the DBS. You cannot apply yourself, only an employer can apply ("employer" includes, e.g., a university for PGCE students).