1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Daytime naps

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by EBC, Jan 20, 2012.

1. EBC

EBC New commenter

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with my little one who is almost 13 months. Daytime sleeps have always been a bit of a problem but now it is more apparent now I'm back at work.

She is at my mums 4 days a week and nursery for two afternoons of the week. I don't think I noticed too much before because I was at home, or out and she sleeps well with me but currently mum is needing to either allow her to sleep in the car, then get her out carefully and lay her down, or put her in the pram and rock for a bit. Hubby also had to do this this week as she wouldn't settle at all and cried for 40 mins. At nursery she is not having a nap at all (I'm not sure if it's just because she's distracted). The problem is that she's sooooo tired when I pick her up- that she sleeps in the car on the way home only an hour and half before bedtime.

I guess I'm just asking for advice on what to do- my first idea is to stay home in half term week and do controlled crying. It worked for bedtimes so maybe???

How do you do it? Advice on how you did it? Back at work or stay at home mum?

2. EBC

EBC New commenter

Hi all,

I'm having some issues with my little one who is almost 13 months. Daytime sleeps have always been a bit of a problem but now it is more apparent now I'm back at work.

She is at my mums 4 days a week and nursery for two afternoons of the week. I don't think I noticed too much before because I was at home, or out and she sleeps well with me but currently mum is needing to either allow her to sleep in the car, then get her out carefully and lay her down, or put her in the pram and rock for a bit. Hubby also had to do this this week as she wouldn't settle at all and cried for 40 mins. At nursery she is not having a nap at all (I'm not sure if it's just because she's distracted). The problem is that she's sooooo tired when I pick her up- that she sleeps in the car on the way home only an hour and half before bedtime.

I guess I'm just asking for advice on what to do- my first idea is to stay home in half term week and do controlled crying. It worked for bedtimes so maybe???

How do you do it? Advice on how you did it? Back at work or stay at home mum?

3. queenlit

queenlit New commenter

My daughter has just returned to work after maternity leave and I care for my grandson who is about 9 months. I know when he is tired as he yawns and rubs his eyes. If we are at home I put him into the cot and stand at the door. I press the buttons on:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomy-1168-Baby-Sshh-Bee/dp/B0018GDGN8
    He stops crying and is asleep in a few minutes.