1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

day to visit new school

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by lilkt, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    Moving to a new job in september...after finishing a maternity contract.
    New school want me in in a couple of weeks to do induction and transition day. This is still during my current school's term time. They have offered to pay supply costs but i am wondering do i still get paid by my current school? I have used up both my 'free' days on interviews. They aren't loosing money cause new school are paying supply.
    I know it's a day but money is VERY short and not being paid over the summer is worrying me! Every day counts!

2. Hi all,
    Moving to a new job in september...after finishing a maternity contract.
    New school want me in in a couple of weeks to do induction and transition day. This is still during my current school's term time. They have offered to pay supply costs but i am wondering do i still get paid by my current school? I have used up both my 'free' days on interviews. They aren't loosing money cause new school are paying supply.
    I know it's a day but money is VERY short and not being paid over the summer is worrying me! Every day counts!

3. Cervinia

Cervinia Occasional commenter

Surely a day's pay can't be that vital.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You can't not go. There is no reason for your current school not to pay you, if supply cover is being given to them.

5. Yes it sadly is. Due to maternity cover coming back earlier than expected i am being paid a grand total of 8 days in july...barely enough for rent and bills...so yes every penny counts....

6. Yes, you still receive a days pay.

7. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

How judgemental!

8. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

Free days? Never heard of these?!

9. I agree! who are you to question someone's financial situation?

10. Your current school does not have to agree to let you go to the new school. It is up to the Headteacher. If you do go and the new school is offering to pay for supply, then you should get paid for that day.