1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Day Nurseries

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by MissMistoffelees, Mar 7, 2012.

1. MissMistoffelees

MissMistoffelees New commenter

I'm in a school nursery so 3-4 year olds but we do loads of post its here are some examples-- Bob persevered with a jigsaw, trying different pieces to find the right one until it was finished. (PSED-DA)
    Bill looked at Jane's cup and said 'She's got more than me!' (PSRN-SSM)
    Jane told me about her weekend- 'I went swimming without armbands!' (PSED-SCSE, KUW-T, C)
    Another member of staff I work with also waffles, she will put things like-- Jill played with the farm set with her friends, she picked up a horse and made it neigh then picked up a sheep and made it baa, she shared well with her friends and took it in turns to use different animals then she went to play with the construction.
    Whereas if I were watching the same thing I would put-- Jill plays with the farm nicely with her friends making correct animal noises. Same information just condensed!

2. Thanks for those, I didn't know if a couple of lines would be enough but that really does say it all.
    Your other member of staff sounds just like me!
    Do you keep your post its for yourselves as teachers or do you share with parents? My parents seem to need a lot of explaining to to understand the EYFS statements.