1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Day after day, the biased, unfair and unbalanced views of the BBC are relentless ......

Discussion in 'Personal' started by frodo_magic, Sep 26, 2020.

1. frodo_magic

frodo_magic Occasional commenter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54284635

Even when they can't dream up something new, they go back in time, looking for "bad" news to remind everyone about. There is no balance to this "news", no opposite view looking back to when people dreamed of being free from Europe.

Bias, Bias, Bias. Pigs-in-trough Bias. That is all the BBC is these days, and should be broken up.

lexus300 likes this.
  2. Lalad

Lalad Star commenter

Haven't you got one of these?
    [​IMG]

ajrowing and WB like this.
  3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

Is that the sort that will turn off Mr Magic?

ajrowing likes this.
  4. Lidnod

Lidnod Star commenter

Day after day, biased, unfair and unbalanced views of some critics of the BBC are relentless... and tiresomely repetitive.

5. ajrowing

ajrowing Star commenter

@frodo_magic In another thread you started, but now seem to be ignoring you suggested that the UK could become more like Singapore after Brexit. So I will recopy my post there, here in the hope that you really do want to engage in a discussion of the issues that you so frequently raise.

Singapore has a National debt of over 125% of GDP, are you advocating that the UK government increase our national debt to make us more like Singapore?

The Singapore economy is built on having a large number of low wage migrant workers with few rights living in crowded dormitories to do the jobs that Singaporeans don't want to do.
    Are you advocating that we follow this part of the Singapore model?
    I am sure there French would be very pleased if we were to use Grayling's ferries to bring the migrants across the Channel.

6. frodo_magic

Another example, from the many each day:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54284095

So, not even bothering to hide it, an ex Hard Left former BBC journalist who retrained as a healthcare professional is tracked down to show up the "problems" in the contact trace system.

Did the BBC bother to interview the really busy contact tracers?
    Did the BBC not stop to think he might be just a teeny weeny biased, given his background?
    Did the BBC bother to look at the success stories, to counterbalance this highly one-side report?

Of course not! This is the BBC we're talking about here.

lexus300 likes this.
  7. moscowbore

moscowbore Star commenter

8. Morninglover

Morninglover Star commenter

Alex Lee is a woman. So shows how accurate YOUR posts are...;)

ajrowing and SeanbheanMac like this.
  9. Katzenjammer

Katzenjammer Senior commenter

Nice one, Morninglover.
    There are those who know, those who don't know, and those that don't know but don't know that they don't know.....and then there's Frodo_Magic.

SeanbheanMac and ajrowing like this.
  10. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

I stopped watching/listening to the BBC after their shameful; anti Brexit stance even after the vote.
    RT has more credibility IMO.

frodo_magic likes this.
  11. frodo_magic

12. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Star commenter

I've heard that a lot of you 'right wing' conservatives are pro Russia. I fail to see how you can also claim to be patriots.

13. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

They think Stalin's methods should be applied in the UK.

14. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Putin is a patriot and stands up for his country. I respect that even if he cuts up rough at times.
    Trump is a patriot and stands up for his country. I respect that as well. He has delivered much of what he said he would which is unusual when you look at most of the 'rest' who have sold their countries out to some weird hive mentality of common leadership through non democratic systems.
    Boris is yet to prove himself but he is getting on with Brexit which is a positive for me.

frodo_magic likes this.
  15. Katzenjammer

Trump's patriotism is a tactic - the only thing he believes in is the greater glory of Donald Trump. He was so patriotic that he evaded service in Vietnam because of imaginary bone spurs. Much of what he has "delivered" has consisted of economic progress initiated during Obama's presidency which has maintained a [diminishing] impetus since 2016.
    And Boris has already proved himself - a monumentally incompetent busted flush as well as an unprincipled sh*t.

harsh-but-fair likes this.
  16. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

You mislead.
    Go back and read the links ART posted (not sure if on this topic or another in similar vain) for what he has achieved they are more informative than the above 'left wing' propaganda.

17. frodo_magic

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54377749

More selected Project Fear predictions from the BBC, which are not balanced by the view that companies won't need to do this at all. They just can't get over the Remainers lost, and are trying desperately to manufacture fake news.

Don't buy a TV licence - just switch to streaming and paid for services - much better value!

lexus300 likes this.
  18. Katzenjammer

Not so. Check out CNN: Google Fact check: How Trump's economy compares to Obama's.

Nor is it left wing propaganda to state the fact that the patriot Trump avoided military service in Vietnam on medical grounds at best doubtful and at worst spurious.
    And the evidence that Boris Johnson is a unprincipled sh*t is all around us. How else would you judge a married man who impregnates a woman in an adulterous relationship, compels her to have an abortion and then lies about it to his boss?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
  19. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

Don't make me laugh, CNN!! The Chinese News Network;)

20. lexus300

lexus300 Star commenter

That was a war that had no relevance to the USA other than to test their military hardware. The tragedy was that so many died on both sides and 'not' that Trump may have avoided the draft.