1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dating websites

Discussion in 'Personal' started by mancminx, Sep 16, 2012.

1. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

I got a message sent to me via facebook (from a friends mum!!!) about joining a dating website. So here I am for what must be the millionth Satuday night in sitting on my work's laptop, and I go and join the website. Flirt. My membership lasted all of 5 minutes. I dont think Im a prude but I felt shocked at the photos ppl put on. Even with the 'naughty' button on the pics were, well I guess not saucy but rather unflattering IMO. Big fat hairy bellies, men in male g strings, im sure there is a correct name for them.
    Having said this, I am fed up of being and on my and Id like some fun.

2. moggycat

moggycat New commenter

Why not join something like eharmony or match.com?

3. oggiehurler

oggiehurler New commenter

Just googled "Flirt" dating site - I'm not surprised you saw those kind of pics - its description makes it clear is a "casual" site - nothing long term. Try another one - Plenty of Fish is free and you can specify that you don't want "intimate encounters" - however - it is a public site and you can be found!!

4. oggiehurler

oggiehurler New commenter

Seriously - didn't you look at the description??
    "This site was made for people in UK, who like flirting and actively use online dating services, but who want something spicier. Flirt is designed just for these casual dating lovers. "

5. mancminx

mancminx New commenter

No I didnt really look at the description, obviously that's where I went wrong. I might give the other sites mentioned a look.

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

....am I the only person to have tried these sites...answered all the questions honestly...and then been told that there is no match for me anywhere?! [​IMG]

7. Probably because you answered truthfully and most people lie....[​IMG]