1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dating site funny

Discussion in 'Personal' started by oggiehurler, Jul 21, 2012.

1. oggiehurler

oggiehurler New commenter

My friend and I have been contacted by the same bloke and been invited to the same gig by him. Talk about hedging your bets!!

2. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Well, there's safety in numbers. Have fun!

3. oggiehurler

we did consider both going to see what he would do - just for the fun of it

4. I once dated a man from a dating site; it was only after we'd been on a few dates that my friend and I realised he'd dated her first. I then found out he'd also dated a friend of mine from uni! Poor man was terrified!
    Same man contacting you both is sheer coincidence; same gig though?! Wow!

5. ps. PLEASE both go!!

6. oggiehurler

too late - I have messaged him telling him what he has done - lol
    would have been more fun to go though....

7. dozymare1957

Message him again and ask if he'd like you both to come.

8. Get him to change the location from a gig to the zoo. When he asks why, suggest perhaps he would prefer a menagerie a trois.

9. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

10. dumpty

dumpty Star commenter

Hey, if you like the chap don't be negative towards him about this. Internet dating is all about talking to and meeting loads of people. Of course, if he has been saying you are the only one for him and he never uses the site but for to talk to you, that is another matter! Truth is, so long as you both stay active on the dating site you will both be 'hit' by admirers and temptation.

11. fantastischfish

fantastischfish Established commenter

This reminds me of a time a few years ago when I bumped into a man I knew in a bar one evening. We had dated a few times, but nothing came of it, although we occasionally flirted when we bumped into each other. There was nothing serious though.
    Later that evening, a friend showed me a text message she'd received from a man she knew. She had bumped into him earlier in the night and this text was inviting her to....ahem....spend the night with him. We had a giggle and about the sheer cheek of assuming she was 'that sort of girl' and thought nothing more of it. A few minutes later, I checked my phone and discovered I had the exact same text message. Upon closer inspection, we realised it was the same bloke texting us both, and who knows how many other girls, on the off chance that one of them would say yes.
    Funniest of all was his face when we saw him at the club later on and he realised not only that we knew each other but that he'd bumped into us both separately on the same night and we were, in fact, out on a night out together.
    Awkward for him. Hilarious for us. Needless to say, he went home alone that night!

12. dozymare1957