1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dating Help!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by unhappylil, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Hi
    I am due to be meeting up with a guy I have been talking to through an online dating site, but I am pretty rusty when it actually comes to dating. I have been single about 4 years after going through a bad break up. Dating is very much a distant memory so I am just after some pointers really... What are the expectations of a first, second date etc? Female and male perspective welcome.
    Cheers Lil

2. Hi
    I am due to be meeting up with a guy I have been talking to through an online dating site, but I am pretty rusty when it actually comes to dating. I have been single about 4 years after going through a bad break up. Dating is very much a distant memory so I am just after some pointers really... What are the expectations of a first, second date etc? Female and male perspective welcome.
    Cheers Lil

3. Just relax, go with the flow and enjoy your evening!

4. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Smile, be yourself andhave fun!
    Good luck [​IMG]

5. I don't think I've ever been on a date.

6. I will try and enjoy it, the only problem is I know I will be sitting there thinking what happens at the end of the date... nothing worse than an uncomfortable moment at the end of a date [​IMG]

7. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Nothing below the waist on a first date ...

8. Don't go looking for a marraige proposal. Lol.
    Seriously, relax and enjoy. But please be sure to keep yourself safe.

9. Don't worry marriage couldn't be further away from my mind!

10. I don't know what kind of dates harsh-but-fair has but if you go out without your pants and trousers on you'll get arrested.

11. New keyboard please, pmsl.

12. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

I met a really nice lady online during a sabatical my wife took from our marriage some years ago. She would have made the perfect partner for me albeit she said my lifestyle and use of words made her feel like Eliza Doolittle which made her nervous about proceeding.
    While it lasted, we enjoyed a fantastic sexual bond, one of the things I shal take to my grave as being a worthwhile moment in my life. Sadly, both our bagages prevented us from taking it to the natural conclusions. I'm certain it can be done though, so good luck with it. There are nice guys looking for love as well as the creeps. Just take things slowly and see how it pans out.

13. I am really looking forward to it - if a little bit nervous.

14. I once went on a date with someone I'd met online. I spent the whole evening thinking how I would much rather have gone on a date with the person in the picture he had sent me, and hoping that he would not go in for a kiss at the end of the night!

15. True, that is also a possibility...

16. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Was it sepia tinted?