1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

date when you get first monthly pension payment

Discussion in 'Retirement' started by cedars1948, Jan 23, 2020.

1. cedars1948

cedars1948 New commenter

Hello
    I will probably be taking early retirement this year. It will be from 1st September.
    Can you tell me when my first monthly pension payment will be. My birthday is on the 31st of the month

thanks

2. ikon66

ikon66 Occasional commenter

It’ll be the 30th of October I think then the 30th of the month after that

3. eljefeb90

eljefeb90 Senior commenter

Don't you mean 30th. September?

My birthday is on the 16th. I retired at the end of December, four years ago, and received half a month's pension on January 15 and a full month's pension on February 15.

Your first payment will therefore be a full month's entitlement.

4. 50sman

50sman Lead commenter

It is always the day before your birthday so all your payments will be on the 30th except February which will probably be the 28th or 29th but may even be 27th.

I am sure TP will confirm this

border_walker and wayside34 like this.
  5. ikon66

ikon66 Occasional commenter

Thought it was a month in arrears??

6. seasoned

seasoned New commenter

I took early retirement in December 2017 - my birthday is the 13th so on the 12th January I received 12 days pension paid in arrears & then on 12th February I received a full month's pension - again paid in arrears.

7. Brianthedog

Brianthedog Occasional commenter

I got my pension from 1st April. My birthday is 7th. I had an interim payment of around £100 along with my lump sum which came on the 29th March then my full payment on 6th May.

8. Brianthedog

Brianthedog Occasional commenter

I do remember getting a letter via TPS website giving me the details and dates of payments about a week before I retired.

9. lizziescat

lizziescat Star commenter

Likewise, in September, I got 15 days pension the day before my birthdate (16th) and then a full months pension in October.

10. Treacle3

Treacle3 New commenter

cedars 1948... as others have said, your "interim payment" (actually the whole month in your case as your birth date is the 31st) will be on the 30th September - for 30 days of September before the non-existant "31st". Then you will receive it on the 30th of every month.