1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Date ideas...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by char2505, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Mind you, despite the wierd dates I have had, going down the pub was always much more appealing ;-)
    Go for the ice skating, you will have a laugh (as an aside, this was exactly the kind of date I was offered recently. I said no, because I didn't want a date with him. If someone else had asked, I would have said yes).

2. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

I totally agre.. A comfy setting where you can have a nice chat - I really believe you can glean sooo much about a potential partner from how they are in a pub. Are they comfy with themselves? With others?
    I met my OH in a pub, then second date was dinner at mine. We have been together for the 2 months since then and I could not be happier. Neither of us are the richest at the moment, so we dont tend to "do" much - ie go out places, but we both look forward to our friday nights in.
    How did you meet him, out of interest?
    xx

3. henriette

henriette New commenter

You don't need to get within 100m of a horse if you don't want to - still a fun day out though!

4. char2505

char2505 New commenter

I agree, pub is good! But did pub first date, pub and food second, so thought pub again bit samey? Although it is hard to have too much of the pub! I am a laaaady by the way, and met said date speed dating (posted on here for advice before that too -you're great, you lot!).

5. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Activity then pub, then you have something to laugh about x

6. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

Where in the country are you?
    For our third date we went into London and went on the London Eye, to Madame Tussauds and the Tower of London.
    Doing the tourist bit was really good fun.

7. OK, lady...you want something not samey.
    Go kayaking and then have a pub lunch.
    Then kayak back on a full stomach [​IMG]

8. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Heh heh! I refer you back to the 'vomit is my best look' comment! I'd blatantly fall in,too!

9. How about dog racing if there is a track near you? most tracks do a meal and you can have a bet whilst eating (they come round)

10. Milkandchalk

Milkandchalk New commenter

Go and climb a hill

11. If you're willing to consider ice skating and the pub, why not try roller disco - put the two together!
    Not that I would, as I don't ice skate or rollerskate but, hey!

12. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

White water rafting is great fun! x

13. what about the theatre?
    is there a snow dome type thing near by?

14. I would advise caution. The last time I dragged my husband out ice skating he fell and broke his arm. I haven't been forgiven yet!

15. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

A nice scenic walk with a picnic and a blanket.