1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Date ideas...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by char2505, Feb 10, 2011.

1. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Come on guys, inspire me! Where could I pick for a third date? Fancy doing something that is more of an 'activity' , but it might have to be of an evening. THought of cinema or ice skating (no, I'm not 14), but want inspiration.

2. Something you could have a good discussion about afterwards - a decent film, perhaps? Or how about a play or art exhibition?

3. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

Pie and mushy peas at the local pub quiz.

4. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Thanks. my friend suggested pub quiz, but not normally something two would go to? And I'' take your pie, but you can keep the mushy peas!
    Think I've seen most I want to that's out at cinema -hmm, maybe play though.

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

Push the boat out and see what they're really made of - try indoor skydiving ;-)

6. char2505

char2505 New commenter

I'm always at my most alluring when covered in my own vomit!

7. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

You beat me to it! [​IMG] Indoor skiing/tobogganing? Bowling? Gig? (If you have a good local venue) Free TV show (if in London or North west) x

8. captain oats

captain oats New commenter

Is there a Go Ape course near you?
    http://www.goape.co.uk/
    (Sorry, can't post links in Chrome) I've done 2 now and they're really good fun! Most of them reopen in February half term.

9. henriette

henriette New commenter

my last ever 3rd date (reader, I married him!) was horse racing. Do you have a National Hunt course near you??

10. Bowling.

11. *racks head to think of other successful dates*
    Concert.
    Theme park (great fun as adults).
    Rally driving (ok, that one was a bit scarey).
    A trip to the circus (oh, he was sooooooooo cute, unfortunately too young and too cute).
    Adventure park - this was quite hmmmm interesting. I ended up hanging from a rope from a tree.

12. henriette

henriette New commenter

go karting?
    paintballing?

13. henriette

henriette New commenter

why did I put that last suggestion? I would have run a mile from any man wanting to take me paintballing - I'm just too girlie!!

14. magic surf bus

Definitely avoid anything that involves putting on a wetsuit. You'll never be forgiven.

15. [​IMG]

16. Wise words.
    I was invited to go wind surfing. He never got a second date.

17. magic surf bus

I bet that took the wind out of his sails.

I used to love windsurfing, but it's no dating activity.

18. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Aww, thanks for the suggestions guys! No Go Ape or theme park place near me, allergic to horses, scared of driving (I'm quite the catch!). Henriette, your 'reader I married him' did make me chuckle. Maybe I should ignore the allergy!
    Think I am erring towards ice skating - open in evening and is a bar for before/after/during! What do you reckon - would you find that a wierd suggestion from someone?

19. char2505

char2505 New commenter

Chocolate box - I am a smiley dummy, but reading my quote back are you thinking of unmentionable activities?!

20. I haven't a clue whether you are male or female but I would find the suggestion of ice skating something I would say yes to, for a date.