1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Database software

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by sgo, Apr 1, 2012.

1. sgo

sgo

We are looking to update our database software for KS2. What would you recommend?

2. sgo

sgo

We are looking to update our database software for KS2. What would you recommend?

3. I can't help with your question but you might be better asking in Primary ?

4. Autism, it's not a bad place to ask actually - what software/skills would you like KS2 students to come with in terms of Databases when they arrive at your school?

Sgo, what software do you have at the moment?

5. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Junior Viewpoint does an excellent job for us from Y3 up.

6. Ah, I don't mind the question even though I'm out of touch wrt KS2 Databases.
    It's that I thought primary teachers might have more direct experience with software than ICT Teachers who are mostly (all ?) KS3 and up.
    What I would like and what arrives is another matter :( I don't think the software is too important as long as the basic concepts in place. I've always preferred concepts to specific package skills ; I remember being advised to teach Wordstar as a rookie. Yes, I am that old :)

7. mercer77

mercer77 New commenter

I've used 2investigate (part of the 2simple package) really successfully for SEN KS4 pupils to complete entry level coursework, so I'm sure it would be great for KS2. Very simple and accessible, but with enough depth to cover the main requirements of a database.