1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Database Normalisation

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by TonyGT, Nov 23, 2015.

1. TonyGT

TonyGT Established commenter

Desperately looking for some decent resources to teach this pretty dry subject and yet there seems to be nothing.

When I first taught it back in 2009 I found a great interactive drag and drop type activity centred around the Phoenix Circus School. The link is now dead but it's shown in this video:

Anyone know where there is still a live link of this as it's by far the best (or only decent resource) I've come across for teaching normalisation.

2. compoit

compoit New commenter

Good video I also used it - will look around for the activity - may have it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  3. madcat

madcat Occasional commenter

A bit of digging found this from the National Archive site. A great resource for all of those lost educational quango resources

It does occur that this would be fairly easy to recreate as a more modern web based tool in Jquery etc - not sure about copyright etc though

4. TonyGT

Thanks for that. Thought it was lost forever.

As for making my own - I only wish I had that much time!

5. danlee

danlee New commenter

You have used this to teach normalisation? It is just a person teaching normalisation so why don't you do it yourself? This topic needs lots of practice.

6. TonyGT

Not the video! The software the guy in the video is using.

Ha, that truly would be lazy teaching