1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Data Task

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Beaker, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Beaker

Beaker New commenter

I am trying to move from FE to secondary and I have been able to get an interview in a school. However, as part of the interview process I have to complete a data task but I have no idea what this might involve. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the data might be?

Thanks in advance.

2. splinters

splinters Established commenter

It will likely be Raisonline or similar where you have to look at examination data, levels of progress etc.
    Having said that, I was once in a grammar school interview where the Data clearly showed that most pupils achieved an A grade with over 90% getting A*-C. I was later told that the 'correct' answer was that the school needed to achieve more A* grades. Sometimes they are given to simply catch you out, depends on the school and their motives for doing this.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Identification for intervention

That is what it will boil down to!

Don't worry - it should be eminently do-able; not much point in setting this task if nobody can manage to make a good job of it.

Have you found all the interview advice articles in the Professional Advice Hub, @Beaker ? If not, tag me thus @TheoGriff and ask for a link.

Best wishes