1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

data task for headship interview - what could we ask?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by anon2799, Jan 6, 2011.

1. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

When I was interviewed I was given a copy of raise online and asked to identify key issues for the school and write an action plan. 20 minutes to look at the data and come up with the questions. Data then removed. 15 minutes to draw up action plan.

2. I had a primary headship interview just before Christmas and the data task was to analyse a raise online (not the one for the school though), list the 'key points' and give an action point for KS1 and for KS2....all in 15 mins! I found the time scale incredibly difficult (and very unrealistic!)

(I didn't get the job (the governors did not appoint in the end) but I got through to the second day and had some positive and helpful feedback.... so here's to the next one!)

3. mychuck

mychuck New commenter

I agree with both CurlyGirly's suggestion - it is the same task that I had to complete for Headship but obviously in a different school, and with MiddleMarch's comments. If the governors are not fully up to speed and have very little understanding of the data and potential actions which result from the data; then that is very obvious to the candidate and does not reflect well on the school.
    Hope this is helpful.

4. Ive been given schools raiseonline to pick key issues and then discuss with LA advisor off panel in front of two others on panel (bit like a SIP day)
    in another was given raiseonline and loads of other data for a different school and short amount of time to identify key issues and draw up action plan which then had to share with group from panel as if they were my governors of the school that data was attached to