1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Data analysis task

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by J2J, May 4, 2012.

1. J2J

J2J

What would you set as data analysis task for a 2nd in Maths department interview? Many thanks in advance for your input.

2. J2J

J2J

What would you set as data analysis task for a 2nd in Maths department interview? Many thanks in advance for your input.

3. maths126

maths126 New commenter

I would expect a 2-i-D to take a spreadsheet of raw exam data (e.g. Year 7 and Year 8 exams), filter it by class, compare with baseline data or FFT results and produce a single page summary to present to the next Team Meeting or Governors.

To save time at interview, I would provide a spreadsheet with all the necessary data in adjacent columns, so that the candidate would simply have to create and run a few statistical formulae to get the required data. I would probably throw in a few anomalies such as absent from exam or a suspiciously high or low mark (looking to spot data entry errors). An hour for the task should be plenty.