1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dashboard inaccuracies

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by EC_Resources, Sep 9, 2019.

1. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Hi there,

The dashboard has been out of sync for about a week now - it seems to be £2 behind for every £10, so if your balance is £50 for the month, for example, it says you're on £40.

This might not seem like such a big thing, but if you think that a lot of authors are on the borders between gold and silver, or silver and bronze, then it is - because it could mean they drop down a level when in fact they don't deserve to.

Please can this be fixed? Thanks
    Emily

2. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

The dashboard errors that most users are experiencing are due to a fault at the weekend and the read-outs of views/downloads etc will take a little more time to repair.

We are unaware of an issue with the financial tracking data. Which figure appears to be out of sync with the others?

[Richard]

3. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

Hi Richard, I mean the actual resource total (for the month - the figure on the left on the dashboard) for a while has not been in sync with the total in the actual balance (the figure on the right). It's lagging behind by about 20% all the time - it has been for a week. This could mean that people are having inaccurate monthly totals.

Mrsmumbles likes this.
  4. Lead_Practitioner

Lead_Practitioner New commenter

Yes, I keep my own spreadsheets of how much I earn each day, week and month and currently the royalty count is significantly off. The balance number is accurate (thank goodness), but I believe the royalty count is how the gold, silver and bronze levels are calculated, so there could be people at risk of dropping down through no fault of their own. I did email authors@tes.com about 6 or 7 days ago about this matter but am yet to receive a response.

5. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

Snap to this. My totals have been off for a while and the numbers have not tallied.

6. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Thanks for the reports folks. We expect brief inconsistencies in the numbers as live updates take time to process from multiple data sources, but we do not expect long term differences. We'll investigate this further.

I have been assured that your balance numbers are definitely updated correctly and that your royalty tier levels are calculated using the same data source and will therefore be correct.

[Richard]