1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DASH and CTOPP2 scores

Discussion in 'Assessment' started by cholestvnsn, Apr 29, 2018.

1. cholestvnsn

cholestvnsn New commenter

Hi,
    I am currently working on an assignment for a course i'm taking, one of the questions is 'What type of scores are used for the subtest scores on the DASH and CTOPP2? What is considered the UK average range for these?' I am not yet familiar with scoring these tests, is anyone able to advise me on where I could find this information?

Many thanks

2. sckinsley

sckinsley New commenter

3. 05laurachamberlain

05laurachamberlain New commenter

Did you manage to find the answer to this? I am also really struggling- it's the only question i have left to answer and i don't currently have access to the books...

Thanks,

Laura

4. Flanks

Flanks Established commenter

What is the course you are studying? The answer is extremely basic, in that they report standard scores and the UK average range is 85-115. These are easily looked up on pretty much any website for either test!

5. Joy1959

Joy1959 New commenter

CTOPP2 and sub-test scores are scaled scores with 10 as the mean (i.e. 1 to 20) - it's easy to convert to Standard Scores. DASH slightly different - they states that standard scores for individual tests are based on a distribution with a mean of 10 - whereas the Total Standard Score is converted using a table with a mean of 100 and SD of 15. A deviation of 1 - 2 SD's below the mean is usually a strong indication of a difficulty - remember that they give CIs at 68th and we generally want 95th ....